Wednesday, September 26, 2007

D.I.Y. Burger

Now playing : Luis Fonsi - Tu Amor

Fancy having a burger for dinner but don't really feel like going out to the nearest roadside burger stall, how about a homemade burger. This evening I had a craving for it so I thought I'd make it by myself one using the frozen Ramly chicken burger meat I bought 2 days ago (the fact is the burger bun I bought will expire in a couple of days so don't want that to go to waste either). Well, two's a company so I invited Ding over to try my hopefully 'edible' and 'safe' masterpiece. Let's call this specialty - Mellim Burger. ;P

This is how it looks like taken out from the freezer. I left it on the plate for a couple of minutes. Still looks pale and unattractive for now.












Then I whip out the frying pan to heat it up. Once I think that it is warm enough, I slapped some margerine onto the pan till it turns watery, golden and gooey. I kinda prefer that to cooking oil.












This is the going-to-expire-on-30th-September bun. As the margerine is slowly simmering in the pan, I quickly proceeded to slit each one of the buns into half....abothen...if not how to make burger.












Done with the bun, back to the pan. Now I placed the processed meat into the pan to fry it. After many minutes have passed, and after many flips have been done on the meat. It finally turned golden brown and looks cooked enough. I had to be sure it's cooked so I continued frying it till I felt it is secure enough.












The above shows the halves of the buns split open with margerine spread on top of each half. Then I take each of them and dump it into the frying pan (margerine side facing downwards) for a minute.

By doing what I did previously, I would then get a nice golden colour. This picture looks like 4 eggs. But no, it's the buns.













Now comes my favourite - EGGS~!! I'll fry 2 eggs like that. Well at first it looks beautiful like in the picture, sunny-side-ups. But after some dabbling by me, you won't be able to see the sunny side of it no more.













Here are all my cooked and ready to be consolidated ingredients. Time for magic!












First layer is the cheese, then the egg goes on top. After that, I squeezed some tomato sauce.





















After the egg comes the meat. This is then followed by the final layer of some type of vegetable which I found in the fridge. It's cabbage which I have so 'delicately' chopped up into a train wreck. Since I don't have any mayonnaise, I decided to substitute it with Masterfood's Barbeque Sauce. I love this sauce! There you go...my work is almost done. *DRUMROLL*

I serve to you 'Mellim Burger'. Honestly, it's not too bad. A decent burger and it had some taste to it :P I think it would have been better with some mayo. Anyhoo, everything turned out OK.


2 comments:

SirwinD said...

Now i know y ur mum said it took u so long to prepare the burger. u were documenting the whole process. Can submit this pic series into Channel 50 - 52 for viewing ler. hehehhe
thanx for making the burger. yum yum

Soon Yee said...

wah.... ding so lucky! :) why never courier one over here????