Monday, September 03, 2007

Happy Merdeka

Five For Fighting - Freedom Never Cries

The past 3 days have been somewhat interesting. It's a holiday on Friday in conjunction with Malaysia's Independence Day. Fyi, I didn't do anything patriotic except for contributing to the Malaysia Mega Sale Carnival aka shopping, if you consider that as contribution. I went to Deluxcious for lunch with my parents and I ordered the Chicken Linguini with light cream sauce. It was a delightful meal. I was actually going for a light meal as I wasn't very hungry but I ended up with a huge plate of pasta which I freakishly finished. After lunch, I linked up with Peen to satisfy our shopping thirst. I would declare Peen as the bigger contributor since she bought 2 bags, and I...one. We bought the same Espirit sling bag. :)
I was feeling a little creative and a little wacky so I painted my toe nails as such using the nail polish I bought from The Face Shop whilst shopping with Peen. Pretty colours aren't they?
On Saturday, my brother and I took our dog to the vet. For some time now I thought my dog was fat but apparently it was at a healthy 27kg, down from a fat 30+kg. She behaved well throughout the journey there and back except for some occasion when she drooled a little on my car door. She slept like a little baby on the way back. In the afternoon, I met up with my good ol' buddies that I miss so much. Soon Yee and Yee Leng came back from KL and it was about time we hung out again. So I took them to e-gate for lunch. They kept asking me...why e-gate? Gosh, I really don't know, it was the most convenient I guess. Yee Leng and I ate first while waiting for Soon Yee to come. (Psstt..she got a little lost looking for the restaurant we were in...chuckle) Anyway, we sat and talked for hours and finally left the place at close to 5pm. The cashier must be wondering when these 3 ladies are gonna pay and leave. Heck, Bequadro...the food sucked and the milkshake was so freaking expensive. We took every single cent of the change, took the receipt and Soon Yee was tempting me to take the receipt holder booklet as well...which I didn't. *we should have hor?*
Sunday, Tzu Chi Charity Food Fair day at Pesta. Ding and I reached there about 8.45am and saw that it was already jammed. We went Supertanker to have some Aki Pancake first before going to the fair but decided that we're gonna park at Queensbay and take the free shuttle to the food fair. They had buses and cars to fetch people there and I was heading straight for the Honda CRV at the front of the queue. Too bad some family beat us to it. DANG IT! Next best thing, we hopped into the old version CRV...bahhh...We spent about an hour at the fair. It was packed and the atmosphere was very merry and interesting. It was a fun day. Now that the weekend is over, it's back to work. Party-pooper.

No comments: