Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My Fantasy Home - part 1

Now playing : Tyler Hilton - Missing You

Fantasy football, fantasy basketball, now I’ve got fantasy home. Everyone has a dream home pictured in their mind, I’m sure of that. Not everyone will ultimately build their dream home but it sure doesn’t stop one from imagining how it would look like. Fantasizing is a gift. It takes me out of the realm of reality.
I’m not able to picture the exterior of my dream house, it could be anything. But I can picture the interior, although the only interior that crosses my mind at the moment is my music/reading/computer room. My fantasy house has a room that is my little shack, my little world. This room will be where I will have a gigantic book shelf lining one side of the wall – filled with books. Another section of this shelf will be my collection of music CDs and old cassettes. This room will have windows obviously, it’s creepy without windows. And it will be covered by a stylish brownish bronze plain cu
rtain. On another side of the room will be where my personal Hifi set will be placed. Very important piece of equipment. Nearby I will have my own desk where my laptop and other computer peripherals will reside as well as enough space for me to lay my head down and drool. But space is important for me to do my work or in other words doodle. I hate crammy desks although currently my tabletop is pretty messy. Smack in the middle of the room will be a sofa or maybe a reclining arm chair with a small table top at the side where I can place my cuppa steaming hot chocolate. I can picture a small antique clock on the table with a slick looking photo frame by its side.
The room will be painted either sky blue or a nice shade of yellow. And I’m picturing probably a large wallpaper on the wall at back of the room showing Manchester United legends…aka David Beckham and Nistelrooy. Ok, I’m not that corny, I’ll probably just have a large wallpaper showing green meadows or the calm blue sea. Hmm..still, a football wallpaper is irresistible like this one (anyhoo, the football field still looks like a green meadow):

On the ceiling, I will paste glow-in-the-dark stars. Near the sofa will be a small carpet on the floor to rest my feet. I don’t need a tv in my fantasy shack. TVs are meant to be watched together in a nice living room or bedroom instead of my little private room. One corner of the room will be where my Yamaha electronic organ will be placed assuming I still remember how to play it. Now imagine, the curtains are drawn, the lights in the room are dimly lit as I lay on my comfy chair. I close my eyes and listen to the quiet strums of guitar and the crisp clear voice of Michael Buble playing from my stereo system. Ahhh…paradise of my own. Voila~!This is my private entertainment room, I shall call it – My Studio. I’ll need to fantasize other rooms too but I’ll leave that to another time for daydreaming. To be continued…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting bloggy... feel free to ta mine @ www.yanpingluvhim.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

oh dear, please drink more water ya.

you might wana try chilled honey lemon, it helps.

enjoy ur weekend

jia you jia you