Monday, October 31, 2005

Day of Balls

Ball #1 :
It was Saturday as usual. I went to Prangin Mall and me and Ding decided to try this shop there. The food selection was pretty normal, the only thing unique to me was the chicken rice ball. I admit, it looked cute in the menu and it happens to be a popular dish in Malacca (and since I'm stuck in Penang), so I thought, no harm trying. It's not bad actually, but it's just chicken rice which I can easily find anywhere for the half the price. The only thing different is instead of 1 big ball of rice, it is just smaller, cuter balls of rice. If I jumble everything up, I get chicken rice without the balls.

Ball #2 :
As we were strolling along, we saw a JobsDB booth and some JobsDB umbrellas and a couple of smiley stress balls on their counter. Not surprisingly, someone approached us and asked us to sign up. What the heck! We might as well since we have nothing better to do while waiting for our chicken ham/sausage crepes to be ready. Thanks to Ding, he knows I like the balls and asked if we could have it too. The lady there was nice enough to give us 2 balls (well, maybe they give it to everyone anyway!). Killing 2 birds with 1 stone...isn't that great!

Ball #3 :
Football craze! MU embarassingly lost to Middlesborough. Let me emphasize the word EMBARASSINGLY. They conceded 4 goals and only got back 1 miserable goal. What's that? A consolation prize? Past champions...well, I guess every team has its downturns at some point of time. Boo...

1 comment:

Soon Yee said...

the chicken ball rice looks so tempting! haha... i'm intrigued! darn it~!