Monday, October 31, 2005

Sizzle~sizzle!

It was a sizzling Thursday evening, what's more to top it off was that it was a cool, rainy night that makes the purpose of bbq steamboat all the more convincing, eventhough it makes no difference in a covered-up, air-conditioned restaurant. :P The place we went to was in Gurney Plaza, called Seoul...something something. (I can't remember the full name as I didn't really notice it, there were more distracting details like food) Actually that was my 3rd time to this particular chain. The 1st time was in Singapore when my colleagues brought me to the branch at Bugis Junction shopping mall for a treat. Yummy! 2nd time was with Ding for no apparent reason, it was new, we had time so why not? But it does burn a hole in the pocket!
It's quite an expensive version of steamboat bbq but nevertheless, it's something fun to do once in a while. We didn't really manage to savour anything unique to Korean food, it was pretty normal local stuff but a lot of varieties! (I assumed it should have something related to Korea since its name has the word Seoul in it, sadly no)
The good: lots of meat, szechuan chicken, garlic chicken..chicken chicken chicken, beef, fish, very nice marinated squids, balls of all kinds (of course I meant fish balls, squid balls, etc) So much so that I realised in the middle of the feast, I looked around and saw that our table seems to be emitting the most steam and smoke. I wonder why now? ;P All in all, it's good once in a blue moon...but next time, I would prefer to go to the open air steamboat bbq restaurant across the road from Gurney Plaza. It's affordable, breezy but the bad is lack of convenient parking space. Cheers!

No comments: