Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Tribute to Tommy

The Tommy mentioned here would be none other than the talented, boyish looking, singer-songwriter of the 90s, vocally romantic, ruggedly handsome...Tommy Page!
You have got to remember him. He was one of those that filled our lives with beautiful love songs back in my...almost teenage years or should I say pre-teen years? He has so many masterpieces under his belt like I'll Be Your Everything, Paintings In My Mind, Turn On The Radio and so on so forth but my ultimate favourite of all times still is "Time". Beautiful song..what can I say, I'm a sucker for lovey-dovey ballads.

With all that said, it's kind of sad that he has stopped making albums for himself, instead he is currently focusing his career on producing songs for other people. That's why he's been missing in action for a couple of years now, working behind the scenes. His final effort before venturing into a new direction was releasing a limited album called Ten Til Midnight, back in 2000. It is soooo limited in quantity and geographically that the album has already been sold out, gone, out of reach, adios amigo...in other words, it's not for sale anymore because there is no more left. Nevertheless, to me he is one of the best I've ever heard of. To all those that still remember this guy, it's time to pop that old dusty cassette or cd of his songs into your player and re-live the good ol' memories.

3 comments:

Soon Yee said...

yesyes!! i remember his songs! there was one song that i particularly liked that he sang for the TV series "Full House" called "Stephanie" :) remember debbie gibson too? from that very same era! I love them both!

Anonymous said...

man...thought u r goin 2 share ur songs?!

Anonymous said...

woi, no new updates meh???