Sunday, August 05, 2007

Ten Feet High

Now playing : Andrea Corr - Champagne From A Straw

This is the new album and first solo album of Andrea Corr. Obviously it's Andrea Corr from THE CORRS! She's the lead singer of The Corrs in case you were stuck in neverland all these years. :P This is her debut solo album. The first time I heard the album, to be frank, I didn't like it. Then I decided to pop the cd into my car and listen again on the way to work. Bingo! Loved it...just like every other Corrs album. You gotta listen to it more than once to be able to appreciate it. Now I'm hooked on it. I like the first song 'Hello Boys'. It's odd and doesn't seem like something she would sing but it sounds fun. But I didn't quite like the 2nd and 3rd song (Anybody There and Shame On You). Other than that, from song number 4 till the end. It was classic. The album started to pick up on a positive note from track 5. That is 'Ten Feet High' and is my favourite song of the whole album. I loved the piano music in the background. Lovely. I'm a great supporter of The Corrs which is my favourite band ever and Andrea's album certainly lives up to the standards. Other songs like 'Ideal World' and '24 Hours' are also 5 star products in my point of view. There's another catchy song on the album called 'Champagne From A Straw'. This song sets such a fun happy mood. The backing music is absolutely infectious. Worth every dollar...only complain is the album is kinda short. 11 different songs but 14 songs would have been perfect. Nevertheless, it has become my favourite album of 2007.

No comments: