Monday, August 13, 2007

What am I listening to lately?

Carrie Underwood has just released a strong new single from her upcoming sophomore album. It is a powerful ballad that still stays true to her style and the song is called “So Small”. In contrast with the title, this song is huge and is definitely my flavour of the month. Do you remember another song by a duo called Sky which is a couple of years old already entitled “Some Kinda Wonderful”. It’s got a catchy bouncy tune that is so perfect if you are driving down the country road in an open top sports car and the sky so blue with white clouds way above. I was listening to some old songs recently and stumbled upon this addictive piece of fun. The last time I heard it was when I was still in school and I remembered that Soon Yee and I had talked about the possible meaning of this song’s lyrics.

Moving on is a song from Andrea Corr’s new album and the song is entitled “Ten Feet High”. It sounds like a sad love story about a couple growing apart and my favourite snippet of the song is when she sings the lyrics “Don’t say it’s over, when I still love you”..What about Wet Wet Wet – Somewhere Somehow? I’m sure you have heard that before. It’s not as famous as their other song which is so cliche, Love Is All Around but I definitely like this one much much more. It’s freaky how fast time flies from then till now. Let’s explore 1973. This is James Blunt’s brand new single which is called simply..1973. Probably singing about some experience he had in 1973. *shrug * In this music video, he was heavily bearded and his hair clumsily flat. He’s definitely not hot but his songs are! I don’t really know how to describe it but it gives me a nostalgic feeling. Dang, I think coz he keeps singing 1973 but then again I wasn’t even born yet.

There’s another song which probably not many people are familiar with. The band is called Embraces (I think it’s a band). I heard it from the album ‘Essential bands’ which I borrowed from a friend. The song title is Nature’s Law. The slow, moody melody with a pinch of rock caught my attention and I’ve been hooked on it ever since. I’ve even set it as my phone ringtone now. I’m also hooked on anything to do with Michael Buble. More so for his 2 original songs in his latest album. The songs are “Lost” and “Everything”. I swear if he appears in front of me right now and serenades me with either one of these songs in his smooth, silky voice, I will totally melt. Who wouldn’t? *Wake up! Stop dreaming!* What girl in their right minds wouldn’t fall in love with that sexy deep voice of his? Somebody please back me up and (Soon Yee) please don’t say Winnie The Pooh sounds sexier…

Finally to close off this list of current favourites is No Doubt’s Sunday Morning. *I thought I knew you, wo ohhh, I thought I knew you, wo ohhh, I thought I knew you well, so well* How do I differentiate all these from other favourites that don’t make the cut. It’s because these are the songs that I keep listening to on my player and it creepily plays in my head all the time even when I’m not listening to it. I probably have an embedded internal music player in my skull. Wonders of technology and crappiness.

No comments: