Saturday, November 04, 2006

Los Angeles

The journey to Los Angeles on the road was about 5 hours and it is warm there. Much warmer than Sunnyvale. The highways were dark and long and curvy. There were hardly any rest areas around. Not as much as what we see on the highway from Penang to KL. Over here, there's not many rest areas and not many places to stop. It's not good for the driver. My colleague's brother must have been really tired driving such a long distance without much rest along the way. Around 6am, we were near already. We stopped at McDonalds for breakfast. I had the hot cinnamon roll which was freaking sweet. Urgh..that's a diabetic nightmare! After that, we went on and somehow got lost trying to find Disneyland but finally we found it and checked in at the hotel near Disneyland. I shared a room with my colleague and we settled in, freshened up and headed straight to Disneyland. We decided to cover both the parks which cost USD83. We figured, what the hell, we should try to cover it because there may not be a next time for us to come back to USA. What are the chances right? That was probably our first and last time. We tried the California Adventure park first and took pictures with Hercules. I ran up to him and asked for a photo with him and it was great. Next we 'attacked' Pluto. He was standing there taking photos with people, hugging them and so on. Along the way, we went into the Animation Academy. I thought it was a ride but it was actually a class to teach us how to draw Donald Duck. Hmmph...When we came out, we saw Mickey Mouse bouncing along and didn't managed to catch him for a photo. Sigh...so we went for lunch and then we saw Mickey Mouse bouncing back and headed straight into the toilet. Followed by Cinderella...haha. We headed for the Tower of Terror. It was an elevator ride that plunges down and up. Oooh scary but really exciting. The next ride was Soaring. It was really nice. This was followed by a roller coaster ride California Screaming. That was damn good! It was totally exciting. We headed to Disneyland themepark in the late afternoon. By then it was 5pm and getting dark. There was so many people in Disneyland and I was quite dissapointed that the photos I took didn't turn out so well because it was dark and I couldn't use the flash because it blacks out the pictures. But without the flash, the pictures came out blurry because my hands kept shaking. Anyway, we managed to catch the parade..it was nice then we rushed off for rides on the Peter Pan ride. At 9.30pm was the start of fireworks. It was a beauty that lasted about 20 minutes then we rushed off again for as many rides as possible. Our adventure ended at 11.45pm as we headed back to the hotel and slept like pigs. What a long and exciting day! I'm really glad that I got to see Disneyland for the first time. It has been a week of first-timers. I came to US for the first time. I went to San Francisco for the first time. I wore my leather jacket for the first time. I drove on the opposite side of the road for the first time in car that is a left hand drive. It is a great experience! But I had a hard time differentiating the money. The dollar notes all look the same. And the coins were confusing. They only have 25 cents (quarter) which is the biggest coin. 5 cents is a bigger and thicker coin than 10 cents (1 dime) which gave me a hard time trying to figure it out with a long queue behind me. ;)

1 comment:

Soon Yee said...

you're so lucky! i went at around 9am and went home at 7pm and i didnt even manage to cover the whole Disneyland park. The queues are so looooooong!!! *CRY*