Saturday, June 09, 2007

My week in writing

Now playing : Jewel - Drive To You

By the way, I want to take this opportunity to wish Lynn all the best in her dragon boat race heats.

Four days had passed since my last post. I can’t even remember what I did on Tuesday & Wednesday. I guess it’s nothing important since it didn’t register in my memory. On Thursday my colleagues treated me to a Mcdonalds lunch and Secret Recipe chocolate brownie cake. There are a lot birthdays coming up this month. Next week, 3 of my colleagues are celebrating their birthdays. At the end of the month, 2 of my best friends from school are celebrating theirs and they are both in KL. The 3 of us (me, Soon Yee and Yee Leng) had a combo party years ago at Yee Leng’s apartment down by the swimming pool. That was pretty cool. I remember I made mash potatoes and probably someone said it tasted nice. Or maybe I thought someone said that. Haha!

Later Thursday night I watched a very nice movie. The movie is called Goal!...it’s about football obviously and has some cameo appearances by David Beckham, Zidane, Raul, Alan Shearer and the Chelsea team (pewk!). Anyway the actor that played the character Santiago Munez is real cute and despite all the hunks appearing here and there in the movie, it still maintained a reasonably good, predictable but good storyline. Even my mum who was busy reading the newspaper was into the movie. She was like…isn’t that David Beckham? Of course she only knows that guy. If she were to ask me isn’t that Raul? I will faint…

Friday wasn't a very hectic day and my mind was all over the place. One moment I’m doing my work, the next I’m thinking about the novel I was reading halfway the night before and another minute I was thinking of the 2 weeks I spent in the US and frankly, I miss it. Eventhough it’s only 2 weeks that I spent there but I actually like it there. It’s not a bad place to stay and there are so many things, so many places to see, see it once and I still want to see it again and again. I see people roller skating and jogging beside an open busy road, I remember the cool air that keeps blowing in my face. I like San Francisco and I miss the environment there. It’s a happening place but yet it’s a cosy place. Kinda like a mixture of peace, serenity and hip hop.
Anyway, now that it's Saturday...this morning I went for facial in Gurney. Gosh..it was quite nice. And right now I'm suppose to go for a hair cut but up till now I can't decide what kind of style I want to go for yet or whether I just want to leave it long, so I have to postpone my hair experiment to another day. Besides I'm not in the mood. It's almost 4pm now and there goes another Saturday. Time to continue reading my novel - Princess by Jean Sasson.

No comments: