Sunday, June 17, 2007

Classic Human Nature

Now playing : Human Nature - Midnight Train To Georgia










Just when I thought that I would not be getting any new stuff from Human Nature as I've not heard of them since they released their album 2 years ago "Walk the tightrope"..then...I stumbled upon this piece of news recently. They DID release 2 new albums after that and apparently it's quite successful especially in the land down under. 1 in 2005 and another in 2006 and they are still together. These 2 albums are fantastic. They are covers of all those great Motown classics which I used to always listen to on the radio such as Baby I Need Your Loving and also this song which I used to deem as annoying after hearing it on the radio over and over by the original singer - Heard It Through the Grapevine. Human Nature's version has made me like this song now. Other great songs on the album are my all-time favourite song My Girl (I think this was Four Tops's original song), Jackson 5's I'll Be There, If You Don't Know Me By Now.
The followup album "Dancing In The Streets" is part 2 of the classics collection. These 2 albums are making me so excited. It has those awesome songs such as the ever catchy Ain't No Mountain High Enough...'coz baby there's ain't no mountain high enough, ain't no valley low enough, ain't no river wide enough..'. Their take on the song ABC was a little odd though because this song sounds more suitable for high pitched teenagers to sing. Other songs are Midnight Train To Georgia (I've loved this song for a long time), What Becomes of The Broken Hearted (Vonda Shepard also made a version of this for the Ally McBeal show, it's a great song), Please Mr Postman (this is a golden oldie, man!), the ever catchy Sugar Pie Honey Bunch song and they even have You Can't Hurry Love which was sung by Diana Ross from the Supremes a long time ago. This is so good, all my favourite classic songs sung by one of the greatest group from Australia ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

er..the 2 pictures are not loaded here, I can't see anything.