Saturday, March 18, 2006

Great Rendition of Old Songs

Here are some covers and live performances of other singers doing their version of original singer's songs which I think are really worth listening to:

  • Jordis Unga in Rockstar INXS did a very touching rendition of John Lennon's Imagine, live on stage during Rockstar INXS show. So good I can't get that song out of my head.
  • The Corrs did a cover of Linda Ronstadt's Heart Like A Wheel. It sounded so smooth, relaxing and heartfelt. Great version! I loved it!
  • There are a couple of versions of Extreme's More Than Words re-done by Westlife, BBMak and more recently, Frankie J (urgh..). I think BBMak did the best rendition of the original and the backround sounds were just..perfect.
  • Carrie Underwood sang Could've Been on last season's American Idol and she did the song proud. That rendition made me support her, along with her other performances of Air Supply's Making Love Out Of Nothing At All, Guy Sebastian's Angels Brought Me Here, her duet with Bo Bice on the old song Up Where We Belong, Roy Orbison's Crying, Alone originally by Heart.. and yada yada yada..whoopee~!!
  • I SO totally love Take That's version of Bee Gee's original song, How Deep Is Your Love?. WOW!
  • Chris Daughtry of this season's American Idol sang a bit of the song Emotions during Hollywood week (I think it was Bee Gee's song?, also re-done by Destiny's Child). *drool* He is hot, he rocked the song and it was good~!
  • I really like Human Nature's cover of Eternal Flame which was originally done by The Bangles. Ever heard that? It's a ballad, love it love it love it!
  • Gareth Gates doing Unchained Melody. This fella can really sing.
  • Now this is the show-stopper! Cartman's rendition of the Christmas song, Oh Holy Night in one of the Southpark shows. MUAHAHAHA! *GRIN* Don't be surprised but I listened to it over and over again, cute.

What other covers or live renditions of people singing other people's song that you fell in love with? *Note* William Hung and his She Bangs shenanigan is not allowed.

2 comments:

Soon Yee said...

William Hung's rendition of "YMCA" can ar?? hehehehe... kidding kidding! You should check out Clay Aiken's cover of Elton John's "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me". It's waaaaaaaay better than the original!!! Sheryl Crow's version of Guns N Roses' "Sweet Child O Mine" is not bad also. Let me think somemore and I'll update u ;) I LOVE MUSIC!!

Soon Yee said...

i've heard "Could've Been" and i got the Mandy Moore version. It's good! :) the song so sad lar!! I think it's from the soundtrack of "A Walk To Remember"... check it out if u have the time?