Sunday, March 05, 2006

Damn those striped tops!

And especially those horizontal ones! I just love blouses/tops with stripes but no matter how much I like it, and how damn cool I think they look sometimes, it's hard not to acknowledge the fact that stripes are so easily recognisable from a mile away. We always face the danger of another unknowing person wearing the exact same clothing to the exact same place I'm going. Of course it can happen with any clothing but no doubt, stripes are very easy to spot when it's identical! Many times I've seen people wear striped tops which I actually have one also or someone else I know has one. So easy to recognise.
Last night I dug out my sleeveless top with a very nice shade of green and white stripes and I thought how unlucky would I be right? The chances of someone wearing the same thing as I would to where I was going for dinner would be not so probable. I WAS WRONG! Damn freaking wrong. I mean the last time I wore this was a few months back to my colleague's housewarming party because I guessed I won't find another person in the same one as nobody wore it to the office. I guess I was right then. Anyway I had my dinner and I went to Giant to get some stuff and I saw a woman staring stonily at me and I thought "What the hell is wrong with this bitch?!" I just walked past but somehow at the corner of my eye, I noticed her daughter wearing the very same top! Oh crap...but it's not like I committed a crime. That woman had better shut her eyes before I poke them out and squish them under my brand new Vincci shoes. Stripes = Danger. The next time I think of wearing striped tops, I will think again...and again...and I should just bury that at the bottom of my closet.

1 comment:

Soon Yee said...

i know EXACTLY what you mean! haha.. though stripes don't do a thing for me, but when i was in TARC in penang, one of my buddies had this striped shirt from giordano and he's always afraid that someone would wear the same shirt!! hehe.. and sure enough, he met someone wearing the same shirt in the same college on TWO different occasions when he wore that shirt..
i'm so glad u updated ur blog..i missed reading it ;) hehehe