Saturday, October 28, 2006

Off to USA

I have to catch my flight at 10.30 am to Singapore and from there to Taipei and finally to San Francisco on business class. To cut the story short, I missed all of that except the Penang-Singapore flight. Not my fault. All SIA's fault. That flight was delayed by an hour and a half. I don't even want to dwell on that matter here because it pisses me off. Anyway, we finally got a flight to San Francisco which transits at Hong Kong. We reach San Francisco at 7pm on 28 October US time of course... :) time travel huh? It's funny when I think of it. An airplane is like a freaking time machine. Well, the one bad thing about this journey is the delay and the fact that we were forced to take economy class on the alternate flight because everything was fully booked. I was so freaking pissed. I argued with shitty ground staff at Penang airport and the only thing they can say is "Oh, you'll have to work this out with the staff in Singapore and they'll arrange something for you". Arrange their ass ok! I got there and i went to the transfer counter and started proclaiming that this is all absurd and I'm not flying economy. Well nothing worked, the only thing they could do was put me on standby for business class. Crap! That's like saying no chance ok? If it's so full, and that they committed that I will get priority standby for business, why is it that another passenger who didn't even insist on getting priority standby be moved to business class when we reached Hong Kong? This is absurd. I was so pissed of at that passenger because he did nothing but stood there and took the freaking credit when I was the one arguing for my business class bookings. By the way, during the flight, I was sitting at the window seat and next to me was my colleague and next to her on the aisle seat was a freaking log. Tree trunk. Pillar...whatever you want to call it. That bitch just sits there and sleeps like a piece of wood. Doesn't budge and the whole 15 hour or so flight, never once did she get up to go to the washroom. I don't know what's going on but I think she's got a gigantic bladder. My colleague and I had to go out a couple of times to walk around and to the washroom and it's so hard waking that tree trunk up. What a bitch! I go to the washroom for a minute or so and I come back and there she is, sleeping again and didn't even have the courtesy to stand up so that I can get in easier. She's a freaking wood with the expression as if her dog just died. Screw her! All Anyway, I reached SFO finally. My friend picked us up and we checked in to the hotel. It was chilly in Sunnyvale. Quite a change but I like it. Later on, we went for supper and finally settled in around midnight. Next day, off to San Francisco for a tour!

No comments: