Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Greatmall : Part 2

Today, after work, we decided to venture of into the unknown by ourselves with nothing but a car, a map and a whole truck load of gut. Ok, it's Greatmall again but the difference this time is my colleague and I are going by ourselves. The journey there was somewhat smooth. We got there, we found the place..yippee. Shop shop and shop then got ready to get back to the hotel.WE GOT LOST! Somewhere along the way, we saw Lawrence Expressway. That's good, means we are near. So I took the turn but as I drove on...I didn't see anymore signs which says Lawrence Expressway. We started to see Mountain View, El Camino Real and some other street names and finally, we knew we were lost. Oh god..panic started to kick in. We stopped at a Baskin outlet to ask for directions but they didn't know where it was and I thought "Shit, are we so far that they don't even know how to get there??!!" Uh oh. Finally we stopped at a mini market and I went down to ask this guy how to get back. He was like "Lawrence Expressway?? You are very far from there!" I looked at him, dazed. Fortunately, he said the magic words, he was quite well-versed with the directions, which was good for us. Thanks to him, we found our way back and whew..that was close shave from ending up in nowhere land. Yippee!

No comments: