Friday, November 18, 2005

Hyper-deletion Syndrome

I have an uncanny pleasure of deleting emails. I would delete things the moment I read them as long as I feel it is of no significant importance to me but yet, I do occasionally make a mistake because my automatic subconcious action of clearing my deleted items box after a couple of clickings is usually followed by an exclamation of "Oh shit~!" when I realised that I have permanently removed an important email. Yet, I can't stop myself.
I seem to have a weird uneasiness when seeing mails of the same titles piling up. It's annoyingly eating away my sanity (the mails, I mean). Delete - empty deleted items - Delete - empty deleted items. This is a robotic sequence of habit that I can't kick because it's as if it's not me doing this...it's my evil imaginary twin. The bigger the mail size, the more tempted I would be to delete more mails. I feel strangely satisfied when I manage to trim down my mailbox usage into a very nice figure which I've never experienced before. Somehow I am still unable to go below 20mb yet.
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to clear up my personal folders :P ...

No comments: