Monday, May 11, 2009

Top 10 songs on my Ipod, May 2009

When I have nothing to blog about but desperately want to say something, the next best thing to talk about is music. Listening to music is a little like shopping for your favourite things. It's therapeutic, the only difference is that music doesn't leave me starring shell-shocked at the credit card bill 1 month later. These are the songs that I've been very hooked on for this month in no particular order.

01. Daughtry - No Surprise : I first heard this last week on American Idol when Daughtry was performing. Damn...he's so rocker yeng! One of the best rock songs I heard these couple of weeks. Very Daughtry-ish, a little Nickelback-ish.
02. Survivor - Can't Hold Back : An old song which I heard in the movie Mall Cop. It's got all the classic 80's-90's rock feel plastered all over it.
03. Kelly Clarkson - I Want You : This song is so totally addictive. The chorus is so cool that I can't help but want to sing-along to it in the car. Her cutest song in her new album. You you you you you you , I I I I I want you..
04. Adam Lambert - If I Can't Have You : This song was originally done by Yvonne Elliman and featured in Saturday Night Fever, if I'm not overly hallucinating. Adam totally stripped down the song into a heart-breaking ballad. Love it!
05. Demi Lovato - La La Land : This is the kind of teenage-y pop song that gets my head bopping. The video is pretty cute too.
06. Marit Larsen - If A Song Could Get Me You : Yeah, I talked about it in one of my previous posts and right now, I'm still hooked on it. It's got a sunny-day-picnic-in-the-park aura, not that I've done any picnic-ing before or sat in a park without being attacked by flies and mosquitoes. It always looks better on TV.
07. Plain White T's - 1234 : One of the most creative lyrics I've heard this month. "There's only 1 thing, 2 do, 3 words, 4 you, I love you." The song itself is pretty laid back and good for easy listening.
08. Jesse McCartney - How Do You Sleep : I heard a slightly different version on the radio which stripped out some of the beats at the back and that version is nice. Catchy chorus!
09. Adam Lambert - Tracks Of My Tears : I can't get enough of this guy. I loved the live version of this song which he sang on the show. 
10. The Saturdays - Up : Girl band, girl power alert! I don't know how to describe this song except that it's got a groovy feel to it.

1 comment:

Soon Yee said...

there's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words.. and that's what i'll do :) i love you..