Monday, November 05, 2007

Winter Warmers

Now playing : Nelly Furtado - All Good Things Come To An End
Tonight I had dinner at Winter Warmers in Gurney Plaza. It's a cosy little place which has been there for a long time now and this was the first time I ever stepped into the place. The interior is very cottage-like and it smells good inside.
For my beverage, I ordered the Vanilla Ice Blended which was priced at RM7.90. A mixture of vanilla, tea and well...ice, of course. That's the tall one on the left. It wasn't too bad. The first sip I took, I immediately felt that it wasn't sweet enough. But after a few tries, I kind of liked the simplicity of it. My dad had the Rose Coffee which is the pinky one and notice the tiny dried rose on the top. It smelt great, just like its name but obviously we didn't eat that rose coz I felt it would be like eating potpourri. The drink tasted coffee-ish, strawberry-ish and rosy.

For the main course, I took the Macaroni Cheese Bake. Costs about RM14.90. I'd give it a 7/10. It wasn't creamy enough but I guess it's a good thing since I'm getting fat already. The taste was slightly bland but fortunately the 2 side dishes made up for it. Kinda even out the taste. Portion was just right, not too big and not too small either.
This is the Grilled Fish my dad ordered. Looks plain, though..don't ya think? I guess I would call the portion too small for him. Again, I felt it wasn't salty enough but my dad said that it tasted quite nice. Apparently, it went well with the coffee he ordered.Maybe next time I'll order the other type of tea which comes with a mini jug and a martini glass which was oh-so-cute. I meant the jug was cute. I saw a couple of people ordering that drink. :P

No comments: