Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Carrie Underwood : Carnival Ride

Now playing : Carrie Underwood - I Told You So
I have a thing for country music. I like most of the songs by Keith Urban, Faith Hill, Martina McBride, Rascal Flatts, Tim Mcgraw, Shania Twain, Collin Raye. Most country song's lyrics tell a story. It never fails to strike a chord in my heart. Listen to Collin Raye's One Boy One Girl and you will understand what I mean by story. Unlike some of the pretentious songs such as Britney's Gimme More...whole song just going gimme gimme gimme..no meaning also..gimme gimme more, give her a slap ler. iissshh (anyhoo..I admit I'm shamefully addicted to that tune). Back to country... I like ALL the songs by Carrie Underwood. Serious..it's really that good! Her 1st album was worth it. Every single song suited my taste and her powerhouse vocals was worth every dollar. Now she just released her second album, Carnival Ride, and her vocals have gone from power to power. This album is 5 star. I repeat...5 star (1..2...3..4....5...star) or gazillion stars..
Anyhoo, I bought it a week ago. One of it is her 1st single from this album which has been playing on my ipod for ages already, So Small. Now, the other song which really caught my attention and has now become my most hooked on song for the week is "I Told You So". First time I heard it, I fell in love with the song. Ok, here's my dog hair's worth of thoughts on this album.
Track 01 : Flat On The Floor - This one is so country with a little bit of rock. This fella really can rock. I didn't like it when I first listened to this one. But after a few times playing it in my car, it is quite a catchy, wake up song.
Track 02 : All-American Girl - Favourite part of this song is the 1st 5 seconds (the instrumental part). Don't know why, I just like the tune. The chorus is pretty nice too. Back again to the part I said that country music always tells a story. This piece is one good example.
Track 03 : So Small - I did talk about this song a few posts ago. A strong ballad. One of me favourites.
Track 04 : Just A Dream - This one is a pretty sad song about a girl losing her soldier boyfriend/husband/lover..etc. It's slightly too depressing for me.
Track 05 : Get Out Of This Town - This...I likey! A fast track. Kinda makes me feel like going on a road trip everytime I listen it. "Let's get out of this town tonight, nothing but dust in the shadows, gone by morning light, somewhere we won't ever get caught"
Track 06 : Crazy Dreams - Didn't really catch my attention.
Track 07 : I Know You Won't - The beginning of the song was slow but then it started getting into my head just as it reached the chorus. I'm hooked on the chorus. Talking about her powerhouse vocals...this is one heck of a powerful song. Picture this, if I ever attempt to sing this, I'll very likely gag and choke on my own saliva..and pass out before I can hold the high note. Ok, that example is a little odd. This is one of her best songs in the album. It's a gorgeous, monster ballad.
Track 08 : Last Name - Another rock-like country song. Pretty funky...
Track 09 : You Won't Find This - Another one of my favourites. Don't really know what to say about this. I'm just getting really lazy.
Track 10 : I Told You So - *drumroll* This one is DA BEST! Loved every single part of the song and the melody. The lyrics are pretty sad and sympathetic about someone leaving their lover and only to realise that he/she is the one but it's too late.
Track 11 : The More Boys I Meet - You know what I like besides the fact that this is quite catchy, it is the part she sings "the more boys I meet, the more I love my dog" Cool....I love my dog.
Track 12 : Twisted - This track is ok. The chorus is pretty fine..the rest of the song is just alright.
Track 13 : Wheel Of The World - A nice piece to close off a fantastically fine album. A slightly slower pace song, softer and great lyrics.

Ok, I'm dead tired now.

1 comment:

Soon Yee said...

i love your dog too.. especially the one who pees when i scare it :p *snicker snicker*
(i'm ducking because i know you're reaching for my throat now).

but seriously, i have never heard this album and i think it's about time i start :)