Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Glitter of hope..it's Wednesday

Today, I started my day routinely as usual. Every night I will set both my alarm clocks (..yes I have 2 clocks) to ring at 6am and 6.15am respectively. Every morning, I will only get up at 6.45am. I wonder what’s the purpose of the clock when I already have a internal biological clock that automatically wakes me at 6.45. But I guess most people like me try to play it on the safe side. I wouldn’t want to wake up at see that it’s 7.30am but nevertheless if that happens on a school holiday week, no problem, it doesn’t rattle my cage because there won’t be traffic jams and I’ll reach the office in 15 minutes.
When I came to work, I received a forwarded mail from Soon Yee regarding the news about this lady who overworked herself…to death. Yup, it’s a warning. Don’t overwork yourself, leave work punctually if there are things that don’t need to be completed there and then..well, work never ends but life doesn’t wait for us. Then again, easy to say, hard to do. But of course, work is not worth losing own life over no matter how good the money is. Most importantly is the ability to decide for own self when to take a breather.
The plant in Singapore is closed for today and tomorrow due to public holiday. I wonder why I didn't take off since I’m supporting Singapore. I guess I still had to finish up my stuff and I got a phone call from people chasing me to complete something that was until now, low priority. Not long before I begun to do that task, someone else drags me into a discussion and poured a new task on me out of no where. Of course I can’t get it done for them as soon as they want. Everybody wants their things to be done first. Much to their dismay, things have to prioritized. Facts of work life that can’t be avoided. One thing I learn is being nice is not a nice thing.
As a closure to my day's post, just now I had dinner with my dad at...
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
CHILIS!

No comments: