Friday, January 25, 2013

The hidden meaning of revamping

Revamp - An act of improving the form, structure, or appearance.

I've revamped the look of my blog. Whether that is an improvement or not, I frankly don't give a crap as long as I like it. I do little things like this every once in a while. Change what I can change in my life eventhough it is a trivial thing. There is not much I can change for a majority of my life but this...this I have control. This I can do..

People revamp their image, their belongings, their house, their car, their blogs, their hobbies..whatever it takes. Not because I have too much time on my hands (yeah maybe I do sometimes but I still have a job). These little things help me get through my days. When I was younger, when things get me down, I re-organize my bedroom to make it look different, to make it feel newer.

As I get older, things change, circumstances change. Sometimes I can afford to revamp something different, sometimes there are constraints. Whatever it is, when life gets too routine, I need to find something to redesign. Little things such as changing my handbag, changing phone cover, getting new cushion covers, trying to discover a hidden talent which in fact I don't have. It is a cheap, temporary thrill that makes me feel fresher. It could mean re-arranging my books or changing my wardrobe. I may take up learning something new such as baking a cake. Never in my life have I baked a cake until a couple of months ago. Now I'm attempting to successfully bake a butter cake. I was going through some hiccups and worries recently and what gets me through was finally baking a butter cake that didn't burn beyond recognition - it was quite an achievement. It distracted me just a little enough to cheer me up! Desserts are miracles, don't you think so? Stressed means desserts.

My point is, things are just blah now so I'm getting a cheap short thrill from changing the look of my blog. The feeling will probably last till tomorrow, whatever it takes...There's not much going on in my life so I'll top it off now by kicking back and watching some Modern Family in a while.

Maybe I'll change my iPad cover tomorrow...

No comments: