Tuesday, July 10, 2007

It's all about the music

Now playing : Dave Koz - Emily

Recently, a friend of mine lent me the LiteFM Lite Lounge cd comprising mostly instrumental music from the greats such as Dave Koz and Kenny G. The rest of them I've never heard of. I started to like Dave Koz's music after listening to his album "At The Movies" which featured some really nice cover versions such as his instrumental duet that featured the voice of India Arie on It Might Be You as well as Moon River with Barry Manilow. This cd, Lite Lounge has some well-known music such as Nothing But The Radio On, Over The Rainbow, When A Man Loves A Woman, Let's Wait A While...the light instrumental style. Perfect for a quiet rainy afternoon, curled up on my sofa, sipping hot milo and reading a book.

The past week since my last post has been relatively deadbeat. Kinda need a new challenge. It's getting routinely dull. I can't even remember what I did for the days that past. *thinking hard* Anyway, recently I noticed that my dog's fur was getting a little dry and there's a bit of those 'dandruff-like' specks on it. So I tagged along with Ding to the petshop to look for a dog shampoo + conditioner. Can you believe they even have stuff like de-stress shampoo for dogs?? I bought the Alpo dog shampoo because the rest are way too expensive and this one has a pleasant fragrance. I do notice a little difference in her fur after that. It's not so dry and dusty looking anymore, here's she sun bathing instead of sleeping under the shade.
And here she is ignoring her new toy after playing a short game of 'fetch' with her. She decides to ignore me too after finding out I didn't give her cookies after fetching the bone to me a couple of times.
Over the weekend, I started and finished one of the romantic chic novels entitled The Undomestic Goddess. It's a pretty funny story about a stressed out high-powered lawyer facing the worst crisis in her career, suffers a total meltdown and ended up in the suburb pretending to be a housekeeper. In the end, she turned out better, found love and a well-balanced life.
On Sunday, there was a sale going on at MNG in Island Plaza so I went to look around. Got myself a new handbag (I was actually looking around for a nice sling bag...couldn't find it, got distracted and bought something else) It was RM49..pretty reasonable. I never really liked MNG clothes because most of the material for their blouses are all soft clingy types that obviously does not compliment my not-so-slim figure. The materials used pretty much emphasizes every single bulge..every single runaway fat..ok..pretty much all extras that shouldn't be seen under clothes. I think MNG stuff are more specifically targetting those tall, slim model-like girls. Other than that, I don't remember anymore significant moments of the past few days so it's time I get back to checking my mails.
Cheers!

No comments: