Saturday, April 07, 2007

Humid day and a dose of Tony Bennett

Today is such a hot day. I spend 5 days a week in the office and 2 days at home in the heat is so torturing. Sleep, I sweat. Eat, I sweat. Just sitting there under the fan, I still sweat. So humid..my gosh. I miss the californian cool breeze. Although it was just a 2-week stint there but the weather was inviting. I didn't have much planned out today. Ding is down with the red-eye and I hope he gets well soon as he's been telling me how uncomfortable the feeling is..the itchiness and the pain. I spent a couple of hours today reading a book my dad bought for me a while back entitled "Global Future.." Something about the future of Asian companies and globalization. I'm reading it real slow. There are new bombastic words in there which I would love to learn up and I keep referring to the dictionary when I come across those words..which kinda slows down my reading. I quite like some phrases they used to describe things like China being the "factory of the world" and India being "the world's back-office". Nice stuff.

Besides that, I was also listening to Tony Bennett's Duets album. It's got a jazzy, swingy and classical feel to it. Quite soothing to listen to and if I just shut out all the noise and fully focus on the melody and the voices...I think I do quite enjoy the style. It features quite a number of people such as Michael Buble, Diana Krall, Stevie Wonder, Tim McGraw and many more. Personal favourites in that album are Cold Cold Heart, Smile, For Once In My Life, I Left My Heart In San Francisco, Because of You. I haven't listened to the rest. I read from somewhere that this album was recorded live in the studio with all the band, guest artiste and stuff.

No comments: