Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Summing up World Cup 2006

Here's my version of what I thought of this year's World Cup. Actually this World Cup was the only one that I actually paid attention to. Back in 2002, I didn't really care to watch. In 1998 I was still too caught up with NBA basketball. And I took the effort to stay up from 2am to watch the finals between Italy and France. That was really good and coincidentally, Monday was a holiday so I thank my lucky stars.
It started off with me supporting 3 teams, England, Holland and Spain. Well, it was a no-brainer that England totally got kicked out with their lacklustre display except for good work by Beckham, Ashley Cole and some others. Holland got kicked out by Portugal which was a big boo boo and Portugal went on to knock England out which was even worst considering the fact that I never liked Cristiano Ronaldo. Spain...ahh...Spain Spain Spain. They were good, young but good. I guess give them a couple more years and they'll 'blossom'.
On to the finals between Italy and France. I considered that an enjoyable game to watch because I didn't support either side and I didn't hate either side. Whoever wins, I support! *Grin*..but Italy did play well and I was pretty impressed by Fabio Cannavaro. He's really good. Aside from his good looks, he does play impressively. It's true! That's all for World Cup.
Italy are the champions of the world~!!!

No comments: