Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Be Professional

Someone wants to give a preach about being professional. She is certainly barking up the wrong tree. Let's face it, they've got their work cut out for them and so have I. The last thing I need from some i-think-i-am-now-a-big-deal person is some snite sarcasm about professionalism apparently loud enough for me to hear. I think I am plenty professional way above this interesting fella from the way I converse for a start. Listen to her for one day and you would wonder what does professional mean in her world? Certainly not what everyone understands it to be.
You work long hours because you can't manage your time. That is NOT professionalism. Singing your lungs out in the office. That is NOT professionalism...please ...our ears. Not replying emails after a long long long delay...hell no to professionalism. Slamming doors in a meeting room full of people just because you don't like a certain discussion. That is NOT professionalism. Laughing and joking and distracting everyone when people are trying to listen to someone at the end of the other line...need I say more? And you expect people to be professional to you? 
If you want to see what not being professional is, then I will show it. This person probably shouldn't expect anymore willing cooperation from me and can just go ahead and complain because I frankly do not care anymore.

No comments: